1. If he ________ more careful, he would have got much better results in the finals.
A. had been B. was C. has been D. were
2. If he _______ my advice, he wouldn’t have lost his job.
A. followed B. had followed
C. should follow D. would follow
3. At the meeting everybody was against his suggestion that more money _______ in this field.
A. be invested B. must be invested
C. was to be invested D. had to be invested
4. It was proposed that the matter _______ discussed at the next meeting.
A. will be B. would be C. was D. be
5. He didn’t go to the party, but he does wish he _______ there.
A. had been B. be C. were D. would be
6. The album might well have caught on, _______ less expensive.
A. had it been B. it had been C. if it were D. but for
7. I wish I _______ a chance to meet you again before I left.
A. have B. had C. had had D. will have
8. If I had seen the advertisement, I _______ for the job.
A. would have applied B. will have applied
C. would apply D. will apply
9. Thanks for all your hard work last month. I don’t think we _______ it without you.
A. can manage B. can have managed
C. could manage D. could have managed
10. He insisted that this matter _______ be discussed at the next meeting.
A. could B. would C. should D. might
1.A【解析】考查虚拟语气。句意：如果他过去能够再细心点的话，他就可以在期末考试中取得更好的成绩。根据主句的would have got可知与过去事实相反，故从句用过去完成时。故选A。
2.B【解析】考查虚拟语气。句意：他要是早听我的意见，就不会丢工作了。根据主句的wouldn’t have lost可知表达的是与过去事实相反，主句用情态动词加have done，从句用过去完成时had done。故选B。
6.A【解析】考查虚拟语气。句意：要不是价格太贵,这张专辑很可能会非常流行。catch on表示“走红、流行”;句子与过去事实相反，故应用had done，此处省略了if，将had提前。故选A。
7.C【解析】考查虚拟语气。句意：但愿在离开前我还有机会见到你。wish后面用虚拟语气，表示与现在事实相反的愿望，用过去时;表示与过去事实相反的愿望，用过去完成;表示与将来事实相反的愿望，用could / would+动词原形。从该句中“left”可知，这里是指与过去事实相反的愿望，故选C。
8.A【解析】考查虚拟语气。句意：如果我看到广告，我就会申请这份工作。根据“had seen”可知是与过去事实相反，且本句中主从句表示对同一时间的虚拟，因此主句用“would/could/should/might + have done”的形式。故选A。
9.D【解析】考查虚拟语气。句意：谢谢你上周的艰苦劳动，我认为要不是你我们就不能应付过去。根据题干中所给出的时间last month可知我们已经做完了工作，已经完成，故排除A、C两项;因此本句考查without引导的含蓄条件句，根据句意可知此处表示对过去的虚拟，故主句应使用could/should/might+have done，can have done多用于否定句和疑问句中。故选D。